Senior CAD Designer
Do you love the mountains? Want the opportunity to ski or mountain bike on world class runs during lunch? Do you enjoy providing design and drafting services in support of complex infrastructure and civil engineering projects? Then we may be looking for you. NCE is actively recruiting for a Senior CAD Designer to join our Lake Tahoe office.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a breadth of experience in civil engineering design. You will excel working independently or within multi-disciplinary design teams of professionals from the engineering, planning, sciences, and landscape design disciplines. You are a critical thinker with the ability to apply your engineering and design skills to solve a variety of challenges and deliver projects on the ground.
- Designing and executing layouts of complex engineering plans and maps in 2D and 3D.
- Serving as lead designer on major projects, involving numerous complex drawings with multiple overlays to depict project data in a constantly changing environment.
- Using creative and engineering skills to design comprehensive solutions to engineering problems.
- Supervising work of design team to complete projects on schedule and may supervise lower-level staff.
- Conducting field reconnaissance and directing, coordinating, and checking work done by others.
- Attending and actively participating in client meetings to understand design needs and provide input.
- Working from rough sketches or verbal discussion to assist engineers in the development of complex drawings through knowledge of advanced drafting techniques and media such as photography, topographic mapping, and 3-D models.
- Following guidelines established in the NCE CAD Standards Manual; may be a member of a CAD or IT committee to advance and improve design efficiencies and develop updates to the manual, thereby creating design standards for others to follow.
- Installing new software releases and troubleshoots software and hardware problems.
Qualifications (Must Have):
- High school education and advanced training or education plus twelve (12) or more years directly related civil engineering design and drafting experience which demonstrates required proficiency.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D software (latest version preferred) having performed grading and 3D modelling (vertical profiles, cross sections).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required.
Qualifications (Nice to Have):
- A.A. degree in drafting; graphics or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Experience working in an engineering consultancy.
- Supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of GIS and how to translate files between AutoCAD and ESRI ArcGIS.
Working Conditions: Primarily office environment, with some field work
Salary Range: $70,000-$90,000 depending on experience.